Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dec 10th 2009


My first post on my first blog.

Last week I was out at The Corner Room in Portland for dinner. A facebook friend happen to be sitting to my left at the bar. She was not only a facebook friend but an actual friend in real life, but not someone I see often enough, in real life. Anyway, she said, "Do you think you post enough photos on facebook?" Meaning that I post too many. I wanted to say.. "You don't have to look." But I thought that sounded like a confrontation on top of already a confrontation. So I said nothing.
But I kept thinking about it. I do post a lot of photos on facebook, and "my friends" do have to look cause it pops up right in their face every time they go on there. I realized I was using facebook to look at my own photos. So I thought I would post photos on a blog and the only people that would see them were people that wanted to see them. If I can figure out how to blog and post photos that is. Imagine saying all this stuff on facebook?
A few years ago I took a photo every morning out my window. EVERY morning for a year, then I did it for another year. This was right around the time of switching from film to digital. The first year was all slides. I took multiple shots each morning. It was an editing nightmare. But the point is, is that it is a great exercise. Out the window first thing. If I was traveling I still did it.
Here is the photo of first light (somedays no light) for Dec 9th and Dec 10th.

Ok, so I just posted a couple of photos. Now I know why I love facebook...cause you don't have to re-size the photos. Well, we will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment